Thursday 5 January 2017

Makeup Revolution Radiance Palette



Those who have stuck around for a loooong time will remember me actually featuring this palette in a makeup look post (if you fancy a read with a side of cringe, here's the post). I bought the Makeup Revolution Radiance Palette in August 2015 which seems like such a long time ago now!

I've never done a review on it before for some reason, even though I think its quite an interesting product. A lot of people call it a dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, but I don't have that so I can't comment!

The palette is just £8, which equals around £2.66 for each powder, so the price point is pretty good in my opinion. The powders come encased in black, sleek packaging with gold lettering. The packaging is pretty basic but doesn't look cheap or anything.

The three shades are: Breathe, Exhale, and Glow. These powders aren't like highlighters, they're illuminating powders that can be dusted all over the face (wouldn't recommend unless you have extremely dull skin!!) or used under the eyes for an awake look etc etc.

Breathe - This is my favourite shade in the palette. I'd describe it as a soft champagne glow. It's not gold at all but its not entirely silvery either! It's the most flattering shade in the palette for my skin tone and adds so much radiance as if the skin is lit from within, rather than looking like highlighter.

Exhale - Unfortunately this shade is slightly chalky in comparison to Breathe. Exhale is a lot whiter and paler, kind of like moonlight. It has the same sort of effect as Breathe does, in the way that it adds a healthy glow as if from inside.

Glow - I think that Glow is quite orange in tone, which is disappointing because if it was a bit more bronze toned it would be gorgeous. Used very subtly to add depth to your highlighter though, this is beautiful. I actually used to dust this all over my face as if it was bronzer when I first got this palette, and I remember thinking it looked good. I wish I had pictures now to disprove that!! If you use Glow blended into your highlighter to merge your bronzer and highlighter together, everything really falls into place.

What I Love!                                                                    
- natural, easy to wear shades mostly
- affordable
- Breathe has a beautiful texture
- add a healthy radiance

What I Don't!
- the latter two powders are quite chalky
- Glow is too orange

Overall, I think this palette is definitely worth a go if you've been looking for illuminating powders, as the price is amazing and Breathe is the star of the show.

Have you tried this palette? How does it compare to the Hourglass 'dupe'?

xo

4 comments:

  1. 'Breathe' is so stunning, my fave too!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful palette for an amazing price. I love makeup revolution products and this palette is a must have for all the highlighting lovers out there.

    Great blog, I'm now following on bloglovin'
    Have a great day! ♥

    Ying | * Y i n g c b e a u t y *

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete