Saturday 3 December 2016

Blogger Made Me Buy It


I've seen this concept circling around Youtube for a while now, and I actually really enjoy everyone's version of it. While I was watching them I kept thinking of things that were definitley hyped up that I've bought due to blogging/Youtube, so I thought I'd give my little contribution.


NIVEA MEN POST SHAVE BALM - £5.35 - link
There is absolutely no way I would have bought this 'primer' if no bloggers were raving about it. But today it is one of my most used primers, mainly due to the lightweight consistency and the massive amount that you get with it.

ANASTASIA CONTOUR KIT - £39 - link
I feel like this is one of the cult contouring products, and I'm not going to lie I don't use it often enough. I'm going to try and find way to use it without contouring (e.g. setting powder, bronzer, eyeshadow) because I'm not a big fan of contour on me. I do looove the bottom left shade though for bronzer!

MAC LIPSTICK VELVET TEDDY - £15.50 - link
I think this is one of my most worn MAC lipsticks because its just the perfect dark nude on my lips. Everyone raved about this after Kylie said she used it and I'm glad its the kind of lipstick that suits almost everybody because I struggle to find good nude lippies.

MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL MASCARA - £7.99 - link
When this came out it was raved about so much and compared to Benefit's Rollerlash. I really dislike this mascara. I have two versions of it (waterproof & luscious version) and I like neither. Never has a mascara clumped my eyelashes together so much!! I'm so disappointed because I haven't heard a bad thing about it.

COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER - £4.19 - link
I think this is a love/hate concealer, for me its definitely the former. I don't find it that drying or that heavy on my skin but thats probably due to the fact that I don't wear foundation with it. For such a small price I really think this is worth a go if your concealer isn't cutting it.

Do you have any more to add to the list? Should we do a part 2?

xo

6 comments:

  1. I was also convinced to buy the lash sensation mascara because of the blogs I read. I actually quite like it though, maybe it's because I don't have as much lashes and mine are pretty non existent haha
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like its just me who doesn't like it! So disappointing xx

      Delete
  2. Would love to see a part two!

    The Average Gurl | theaveragegurl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with so many of these! The only products I haven't tried on this list is Velvet Teddy & the concealer. But I am planning on getting Velvet Teddy, haha. Great post :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely won't be disappointed with VT, I can guarantee :) xx

      Delete