Monday 7 November 2016

The Easy Way To Contour




I'm not one to contour a lot, I'm not great at it so it's a step I tend to avoid. However in the past few months I've discovered a contour duo that work hand in hand, creating an easy way to contour softly.

The first step is to cream contour, this sounds really scary, but using the Maybelline Master Contour V Contour Stick creates a natural chisel. The contour shade is absolutely perfect for my skin tone, it is a cool toned colour but not grey in the slightest. This means it creates the most natural shadow to hollow out my cheekbones. I use a tiny bit and blend it with a Real Techniques brush, its so easy and simple. The highlight shade is less impressive, but ok.

To set that in place, take the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit on a fluffy brush like the Real Techniques Contour Brush and blend a small amount of the contour shade on top. Its a bit warmer toned so it bronzes slightly and also makes the contour less harsh.

What do you use to contour?

xo


6 comments:

  1. I'm always worried about using sticks instead of powder to contour! Love how chunky it is though.

    www.thecutiebeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible at contouring but maybe I've just been using all the wrong products? Thanks for all the recs :) Hopefully I find one that works!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh yes the stick makes it a lot easier for me, i'm definitely not a contour natural xx

      Delete
  3. The maybelline contour stick is a product I think I would love! I don't really use contour on a daily basis because I think it takes to long but this might be my saving grace haha
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sameee & the stick is such a time saver xx

      Delete