Monday 6 February 2017

High Street Beauty Steals


Although there's nothing like treating yourself to a beautifully packaged high end product, the drugstore ha s a lot to offer. Every year I feel like they up their game more & more! The brands in Boots and Superdrug seem to really be jumping on the bandwagon on the contouring/highlighting scene too. I thought since I hadn't done a drugstore themed blogpost since this makeup look, I'd share some of the best bits on the high street.

Revlon ColorStay Foundation £12.99 | you can buy it here
I haven't used this foundation in ages but it is one of my favourites. I stopped wearing foundation about 9 months ago and I never really went back. Saying that, I do occasionally feel like having a bit more help with coverage. This foundation, in the shade Buff, is my perfect shade - it's slightly yellow toned and perfect or when I'm not tanned. The coverage is buildable & medium, and has a satin finish. Its quite pricey for the drugstore but I think its so worth it!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19 | you can buy it here
I recently ran out of this and I had eventually order three online after trying to find my shade in five different shops!! It was crazy and I was having to use a yellow concealer all over my face! Its so much easier to get ready in the morning now that this is back in my life.  Its pretty heavy duty so if you prefer something lightweight, I wouldn't recommend this. This concealer covers everything that I want to be covered, and has pretty good longevity.

Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit £5.99 | you can buy it here
This affordable contouring duo has very Nars-esque packaging which I really like. Inside, there is a matte highlight and a warmish toned powder. The highlight is very unusual as obviously it usually has glitter in it, so I was intrigued by the matte texture of this. I love using this to set my undereye concealer, as I still prefer shimmery highlighters for my face. The contour shade is very reminiscent of Benefit's Hoola in formula and colour, as the shade translates cooler when applied on the face. I have a full review on it here.

Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Blush Palette £6 | you can buy it here
What I love about this palette is that, correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't seem to be a high end duplicate - just an original palette. I love the quality of MR but sometimes I wish they used more creativity! This palette is full of beautiful peachy blushes, and a pink toned highlighter which is gorrrrgeous. I don't think I use this enough, I always forget to pick it up. For the price you get eight blushers/highlights so I really don't think you can go wrong.

Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara £6.99 | you can buy it here
I've loved this mascara for ages now, it's my joint favourite with Benefit They're Real (which I can't afford to repurchase every couple of months!!) It's so lengthening, so if that's something you love to have with your lashes this is the right mascara for you. It doesn't give much volume, although maybe it would if you layered it some more, but I prefer long, separated lashes! The price for this is great because I really do think it's comparable to They're Real.

Rimmel Lip Liners | Spice £2.99 | East End Snob £3.99 | Red Diva £3.99
The only lip liners I have are from Rimmel because the quality is just so good, I don't think I would bother spending much money on a lip liner from the likes of MAC. Spice needs to be sharpened, which is a bit annoying as its my favourite but oh well. Its a bit darker than Velvet Teddy. East End Snob is a gorgeous mauve pink, and Red Diva is a glamorous red - both are retractable.

What are your drugstore favourites?

xo

5 comments:

  1. That blush palette looks so pretty!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo! I just bought the Revlon foundation today and I'm so excited to try it. I really do hope it's worth it x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren! I really hope you like it, its my favourite xx

      Delete
  3. East end snob lip liner and the collection concelar are two of my favourites! I also wouldn't be without any of the maybeline mascaras, so good for the money! xxx
    www.killinitbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete