Thursday 9 February 2017

9 Nude Lipsticks You Have To Try


This year, I've collected quite a few more lipsticks to add to my collection. I still haven't ventured further from my trusty pinks, mauves, browns and nudes though. Actually, the main reason for this post is because I love taking photos of lipsticks, any excuse, right? In all seriousness though, these nine lippies are my absolute favourites for any occasion and makeup look.

MUA Lipstick - Shade 11 - £1
I never here MUA lipsticks get talked about, but I'm not surprised because for the price I'd expect them to have poor quality. I haven't tried any others apart from this (although I do know that not all of them have such boring shade names!!) Shade 11 is a pink, peach nude with some sheen to it. This lipstick really stands out in my collection because I don't have a shade like this, and definitely not such a beautifully sheeny formula.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Don't Pink Of It! - £7.99
I think these liquid lipsticks have been forgotten about after all the hubbub when they were launched. This shade is a gorgeous, understated pink nude. The consistency is so thin so it feels like you've got nothing on your lips, even though they are really pigmented! I love the packaging too, its so simple but elegant.

MAC Lipstick - Mehr - £15.50
If you've read this blog before, you'll know that I absolutely love Mac's Mehr. Its a gorgeous plum toned pink, with a matte finish. The pigmentation is amazing, and even though I do usually need a little lip balm underneath, its not mega drying either. The longevity of Mehr is amazing, its probably the most out there lipstick in this post but it stays so well it doesn't have to be reapplied often!

MAC Lipstick - Brave - £15.50
I think everyone's first MAC lipstick holds a special place in their heart, and for me, Brave is the one. This is my least worn lipstick from MAC even though I waited months to get another one, so I had it to swoon over for ages! Its the pinkest shade in this post so I find it a bit difficult to wear sometimes, its definitely one I'll whip out in spring more. The quality is of the usual standard though!

Collection Work the Colour Lip Butter - Vintage Rose - £2.99
I never know what to call these chubby stick kinda things but Collection calls them a lip butter, so I'll go with that. This shade is stunning, its kind of an apricot peachy shade but the pigmentation is sheer so it's not difficult to wear at all. I'll often use this lip butter if I have no idea what to wear, especially in spring and summer. Its also really moisturising, so for the price you can't really go wrong. It's great for an everyday lip!

MAC Lipstick - Velvet Teddy - £15.50
Everyone and their mum raves about this lipstick I swear, so I'm not going to ramble on about it! This brown nude is the perfect lip shade to grab when you have no idea what to wear, and VT suits everyone. It's very long lasting because it's matte, which is great because I don't like reapplying throughout the day!

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick - 08 - £5.49
If you've seen our most popular post, you'd know that this is a great dupe for the aforementioned MAC Mehr (you can read it here). Despite the shade not being matte, the colour is a near perfect match and for a third of the price - you really can't go wrong. It's definitely less bright and pink than Mehr, its a tad more muted. However I love that because I can wear it with any look!

Chanel Lipstick - Mademoiselle - £25
This is probably my favourite lipstick because it's so close to my natural lip colour - my lips are quite pigmented aha, makes it difficult to wear light nudes. It's a slightly dark pink with brown undertones, and it has a sheen to it. Even though everyone loves mattes and as do I, nothing will ever beat a lipstick with a slight sheen to it because I think it looks so healthy! The price is pretty steep but look at the packaging..

MAC Lipstick - Kinda Sexy - £15.50
I don't wear this lipstick enough because, as I mentioned before, my lips are quite pink so it can be hard to wear light, peachy shades! However I still love this colour because it's like no other in my collection and its just so summery. Again, its matte, and of course pigmented and long lasting. I love reaching for this with bronze eye makeup and when I'm missing the warm weather.

That was a wordy post haha! I hope you enjoyed it and if you reached the end then well done :)
What are your holy grail lipsticks?

xo

8 comments:

  1. So many of these are my go-to nude lipsticks including Rimmel 08 and Velvet Teddy! I'm totally a sucker for buying lipstick purely for a blog photo, can't deny it! I would totally reccomend picking up the classic Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk, it's such a pretty pink/nude shade! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relate to that so much haha! I've been seeing that lipstick everywhere, I'm so jealous! xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely picks! Velvet Teddy is a favourite of mine at the moment! Another fave of mine is Kat Von D's Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the Kat Von D liquid lips xx

      Delete
  3. I love these colours! MAC Velvet Teddy is a fave, thank you for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lip colours that are similar to my own as I find some just look a bit too odd for my liking - will have to try the Chanel Mademoiselle since I love a good nude lip!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete