Tuesday 13 September 2016

Autumnal Lip Wardrobe


I don't know why, but I tend to get excited for autumnal makeup. I think it comes with the whole 'fresh start' in the school year malarky, and the colder months tend to bring around more experimental makeup. Last autumn I was all about the mauves - and they are still a staple in my autumn lip essentials, as you'll see in this post. Today is specifically looking at 8 lip products that will see you through autumn.


A new addition to my makeup collection is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade 'Cannes' (I spoke about it in this post a little more). I was standing over the counter in awe when I finally found a Boots that sold their products, and it definitely took me a while to pick a shade. Cannes is a dark brown nude with pink tones. The formula is so creamy, yet looks matte on the lips.

Another lippie which found its way into my makeup bag after months of wanting and wanting it is the gorgeous Chanel lipstick in the shade 'Mademoiselle'. This is a lot pinker than traditional autumn lipsticks, but I thought it would be the perfect shade for no makeup makeup days or transitioning between seasons.

What would a lip themed blogpost from Phoebida be without mentioning MAC lipsticks? I have two in the spotlight today: 'Velvet Teddy' and 'Mehr'. Of course everyone and their aunt has heard too much about VT, so in short it is a pink based brown nude that suits everyone- matte but not drying. Mehr is a more daring lippie, it is mauve with some rosey tones in there. Both shades are utterly gorgeous, matte but moisturising and comfortable.

A lipliner to mention is the affordable offering from Rimmel: their 1000 Kisses lip liner in the shade 'Spice'. In comparison to Velvet Teddy, this is a bit darker but on the exact same colour spectrum. It can be a tad drying so I'd recommend a lip balm before application.


Also from Rimmel, and a dupe for the aforementioned MAC's Mehr, (which you can read about in this post), the Kate Moss lipstick in 08. Essentially it is the same as Mehr, but with a £10 price difference. It isn't matte though, 08 is incredibly creamy but with incredible longevity.

A cheap but cheerful lipstick that has a lot to offer - MUA's lipstick in 'Shade 11' (I've always found that name strange, most other lipsticks in the range have actual names!) It is a peachy nude, with brown tones and is packed with pigmentation. By the swatch you couldn't tell that it cost just £1.

And finally, a bolder option for the fearless among us: Rimmel 107. This wine red is a beautiful shade for a party or just a bold everyday look. One thing to note is I do find that it can be quite drying so perhaps a lip balm would be useful underneath.

Swatches L-R: NYX Cannes, Chanel Mademoiselle, MAC Velvet Teddy, MAC Mehr,
Rimmel Spice, Rimmel 08, MUA Shade 11, Rimmel 107

What lip products are staple in your autumn lip wardrobe?

xo



22 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous lip colours, makes me so excited for Autumn! xo

    Hanney | blogabouthanney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the NYX shade so pretty!

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to wear darker shades again I love the colour of that NYX lip cream!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYX Cannes looks gorgeous! I do love MAC Mehr, I wore it non stop last year! I think my go to shade this Autumn will be NYX Matte Lipstick "Maison"

    EmmysBeautyCave | Bloglovin | ColourPop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just googled Maison and it looks stunning! xx

      Delete
  5. Velvet Teddy and 107 are definitely my Autumnal staples too! I love charlotte tilbury 'glastonberry' for Autumn! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I've heard so many good things about that lipstick! xx

      Delete
  6. I love switching my makeup up for autumn too. Great post!

    xo, Liz

    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous lipsticks! I might just have to pick up MAC's Mehr for this season. It looks beautiful!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with NYX lip products! They do so many stunning shades!!

    Grace x
    http://graciebellblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to pick up some more, they really are beautiful!! xx

      Delete
  9. Mehr and Velvet Teddy are some of my autumn favourites too! The rimmel lip liners are so good. I use Spice nearly everyday xx

    LPage Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spice is such an under rated product I think! xx

      Delete
  10. These are stunning colors! I really enjoy the Maybelline matte lipsticks, they are a really creamy formula.
    stephanieC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cannes, Mehr and Velvet Teddy are some of my favourites! I love the look of the Chanel too :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete