Friday 11 November 2016

Pretty Makeup For Your Dressing Table



I'm a sucker for pretty makeup. Yes, it leads me to buying makeup I don't need. But who doesn't? We say we shouldn't judge a book by its cover but a lot of the time its the packaging of something that draws someone in. Anyway, I decided to pile together my prettiest makeup (that are all great products too) that everyone should have displayed.

L'OREAL LIPSTICK BY JULIANNE - £6.99 you can buy it here
There's something about the matte black packaging with gold details, it doesn't look drugstore at all. Complete with a shiny gold signature from Julianne herself, this pretty pink lipstick looks perfect displayed anywhere.

CHANEL LIPSTICK 'MADEMOISELLE' - £25 you can buy it here
Similar to L'Oreal, however this Chanel beauty is shiny all over. Encased in sleek black and gold, with a white logo on the lid, the brown lipstick twists up the gold packaging. I love how both L'Oreal and Chanel have their brand names engraved in the bullet.


SLEEK PRECIOUS METALS HIGHLIGHTING PALETTE - £9.99 you can buy it here
Everyone talks about Solstice, but no one talks about Precious Metals, which is just as beautiful in my opinion (and with much more wearable shades, check out my review here). Precious Metals has gold, magnetic packaging just like Solstice, but it a much darker gold, almost bronze.

URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE - £38.50 you can buy it here
A lot of people aren't a fan of the velvet texture to this palette, but I think it looks luxurious. The big, gold lettering stand out and it all comes together to look like a beautiful palette. The only problem is that the texture majorly attracts dust.

THEBALM MARY-LOU MANIZER - £17.50 you can buy it here
I don't know what it is about this packaging that I love, its quite retro and definitley stands out from other highlighters in my collection. It might just be the fact that the packaging holds the most beautiful highlighter I own, but I think this compact is gorgeous.

What pretty makeup do you recommend?

xo


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, I now I shouldn't be drawn to a product mainly because of the packaging, but it definitely helps! I'm a massive fan of the L'Oreal lipstick packaging, it's so luxurious feeling and the Naked palettes have a special place in my heart! They are just robust and heavy and feel luxurious! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anything chanel is gorgeous right?! haha
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete